Each grade level will compete to be the Penny Wars champion by getting the most points for their class. The objective of Penny Wars is to put as many pennies into your class jar (located in the office) as possible and silver coins or bills in the other classes jars. Each penny gives your class +1 point. Silver Coins and Bills count as negative points so you will want to put those into the other classes jars ($1.00 = -100 points, $10.00 = -1000 points, etc.) The winning class will get a reward which will be voted on by the class. Hillcrest is also competing against Riverview Jr. High School to be the overall PENNY WARS champion (most money raised). The overall winner will get a trophy to keep at their school.
Start saving up your pennies, silver coins, and dollars and fill the buckets in the front office for fun and a good cause!
|Canned Meat or Peanut Butter||3 points each|
|Family Size Cans of Food||2 points each|
|Normal Sized Cans of Food||1 point each|
|Boxed Food (Mac & Cheese, etc)||1 point each|
|Ramen Noodles||4 packages = 1 point|
7th Grade-Jessica Horne
- Attend school every day and get there on time.
- Get 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning.
- Pay attention in class.
- Write down assignments and upcoming deadlines for each class in the planner.
- Attend Plus Period to get help with things you do not understand.
- Complete homework on time.
- Read for pleasure 30 minutes each day.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
- BE THERE ( Students are on time to class)
- BE PREPARED (Students are prepared and ready to learn)
TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER
- INCLUDE EVERYONE (Students are civil and respectful to others)
- STAND UP FOR EACH OTHER (Students report inappropriate behavior and help their friends)
TAKE CARE OF OUR SCHOOL
- KEEP THE HALLS AND WALLS CLEAN
- RESPECT ALL ROOMS AND FACILITIES AT OUR SCHOOL